Wow. Today marks two weeks since my first blog post, and there are definitely a lot more of you than I anticipated. Today also marks the day that I was nominated for not only one, but two awards. icantbelieveshesblogging nominated me for Liebster Award and Kelly nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award. Thank you both!
I am going to kick things off with the Liebster Award!
- Thank the person who nominated you (by tagging their original post to yours)
- Answer 11 questions
- Nominate other bloggers who deserve the award
- Ask them 11 questions
- Put these rules in your post
- Inform the bloggers you have nominated
- What are your three favorite blog posts you have published so far? Considering I only have three posts in total I will have to say those. Although I have had a lot of people say my ‘About Me’ page made them laugh, so if that counts…
- Do you embarrass easily or do you not care what others think? It completely depends. 9/10 times I am the one who is embarrass somebody else. But if something is in public, or I am trying to impress someone, or I am just not in the right mood then I definitely embarrass easily.
- What are you most proud of? I guess I am most proud of how far I have come in the last few years. I used to be an anti-social dork who struggled to open up to others. Coming out of University, I got a great degree, had some priceless experiences and I met some fantastic people who I know I will stay in touch with forever. It’s a bit of a cliché – but I am just proud of who I am now, compared to who I was.
- If you could make one immediate change in your life right now what would it be? I would move out as soon as physically possible. If rent in London wasn’t through the roof I would be out of here. It’s not that I don’t enjoy living rent-free at home – I just have a much better relationship with my parents when we don’t see each other as often. And I miss my independence.
- What is one fear you have? I have a completely irrational fear of dustbins and hairdryers. But on a serious note my biggest fear is definitely the people closest to me dying. It crosses my mind multiple times a day, which is definitely not healthy, but is something that scares the shit out of me.
- If you had to eat one kind (American, Italian, Mexican) of food the rest of your life what would it be? If I could have unlimited roast dinners I would be the happiest person in the world. Come to me roast potatoes and gravy…
- Where is your dream travel destination? CHICAGO! I have an affinity with the place. I’ve been telling my family I want to go there since I was about 8. I am not sure why, or what I would even do there, but I have just had a calling to go there. Hopefully I will get there sooner rather than later.
- Who would you least want to read your blog (no names required)? I actually don’t know. I’m quite open online – if people wanted to find me, they easily could. At the moment I still have only told a handful of people about my blog. I will tell everyone. Soon.
- What TV show or movie is your “guilty pleasure”? I have SO MANY, my entire life is a guilty pleasure. I actually have a whole post planned out justifying my guilty pleasures. The one that immediately comes to mind is Keeping up with The Kardashians. I just love Kris Jenner. And I am still addicted to the bloody Kim K game.
- What is favorite book? As a Literature graduate I feel this is an unfair question. But my absolute favourite book ever is Invisible Monsters by Chuck Palahniuk. If you were a fan of Panic! At The Disco then you will recognise this immediately. His style isn’t to everyone’s taste but I highly recommend this book. I would go as far as saying that it was life changing.
- ____________ Fill in the blank. What question do you wish I would have asked and what would the answer have been? I wish you had asked me if I would like a cup of tea, and my answer would be yes. I need tea before bed.
I would like to nominate a variety of blogs, not necessarily ‘new’ ones: some are people I know from University and others are blogs I have only recently discovered. My nominations are:
The 11 questions for them are:
1. How was your day?
2. What are your three favourite blog posts you have published so far?
3. What are you most proud of?
4. If you could make one immediate change in your life right now what would it be?
5. What is one fear you have?
6. What is your favourite song?
7. Where is your dream travel destination?
8. Who would you least want to read your blog (no names required)?
9. Is there anything that you regret?
10. What is favourite book?
11. If you could have dinner with three famous people, dead or alive, who would you choose and why?
Now for the Versatile Blogger Award!
- Show the award on your blog.
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Share seven facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 blogs.
- Link your nominees’ blogs, and let them know.
Seven Facts About Myself:
- I have been in two music videos for Foals and My Chemical Romance – both were amazing days.
- I have tweeted 73,658 times. No I don’t know how either.
- My favourite movie of all time is probably Mean Girls (or Requiem for a Dream, or Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, or The Boat that Rocked…)
- I am really into my celebrity gossip and trashy articles. I could probably reel you off the latest news about anyone. The shame.
- I have never travelled outside of Europe.
- People often think I have with an American or Australian accent. I’m British.
- I think Steve Carell may be my favourite human (not least because his portrayal of Michael Scott is basically my existence).
I am going to be a bit of a cop out with this one. Firstly because I really need sleep ASAP and secondly, 15 is a lot of people – I need more time! I promise to update this though.
So there you are! I promise to have more posts up later this week, my notebook of ideas is quickly filling up, but the fact that I was nominated by these two fantastic blogs after a shitty week at work was something that I didn’t want to ignore.
I hope you are all doing well, and learnt a bit more about yours truly! xx